The CDP is bounded by 5th St, SR 50, 12th St and Lake Minneola.
Your annual membership fee of $100 (billed annually) is well worth the amount! The monthly average cost is $8.25! You receive many benefits as a member. Among those benefits are:
- Join a pro-growth business organization that is 100% focused on the economic sustainability of Historic Downtown Clermont; a group of entrepreneurs working together, and with other entities such as the South Lake Chamber of Commerce and the City of Clermont, to effectuate positive direction and top-of-mind positioning for Clermont’s historic business district.
- Opportunities to network with all members
- Co-op Advertising opportunities with local media (print and online)
- Community reinvestment by being involved in Historic Downtown Clermont’s economic evolution.
- Be informed of downtown issues and events through monthly meetings as well as emails, Constant Contact and other.
- Opportunities to serve on various CDP Committees
- Opportunity to participate in the shaping your downtown!
- Opportunity to promote your business at CDP events
- Free link / listing of your business on the CDP Website
- Advertising opportunities on the CDP online presence
- One space at no charge within the boundaries of the Farmer’s Market near your business for your canopy pop-up tent and display of product/services inside your Downtown brick-and-mortar business. Unused space will be considered your donation for use by the Farmer Market to produced revenue for the CDP. Notice of use or non-use must be given the CPD’s market director at least 72 hours in advance of upcoming market dates.
- Downtown Event Participation (Note: Not all CDP events include a No Charge space on the street)
- Opportunities to participate in joint marketing / advertising with other CDP members
- Networking opportunities with area businesses, community leaders, politicians
Current Projects with Cooperation of the City of Clermont:
- Downtown Directory Signs / Kiosks
- Gateway to Downtown Area / Hwy 50 & 8th
- Revitalization Plan for Downtown / City of Clermont
- Sign at the Trail Directing People Downtown
- Numerous traffic-building events
Meetings (Date, Time & Location):
3rd Wednesday each Month, 8:00 a.m. Historic Village
(Location is subject to change from time to time.)
EVENTS HOSTED BY THE CPD & FUNDING
The CDP plans and hosts events throughout the year. Booth space on the street is NOT automatically included in your membership (other than as noted in the FARMER’S MARKET segment). However, if the event is so structured to allow vendor participation, you will be offered the opportunity to utilize space outside your business if you are a CDP member in good standing (current, a good neighbor, meet the outside displaying requirements of each event, and so forth).
The rates and benefits of having space on the street vary per event. Charging for booth space is the primary method of funding CDP events and to continue the branding and growth of Historic Downtown. Funds raised are used for marketing efforts including the advertising and promotion effort this is crucial to creating an image and the foot traffic to help make businesses in Downtown Clermont successful. Another method of funding comes from event sponsorship (normally outside businesses or donors).
All CDP members are encouraged to help recruit sponsors and vendors for events and exposure opportunities. Being on the streets and in the promotions of events we produce in Historic Downtown Clermont are a great value to any sponsor or vendor including thousands of in-person encounters, tens of thousands of impressions via traditional media and countless social media exposures. Though recruiting sponsors/vendors is not a pre-requisite of being a CDP member, every dollar of income received from outside sources increases the amount of exposure the CDP can generate for our events and marketing of Historic Downtown Clermont…and that benefits you – and all CDP members.
A healthy, thriving Downtown Clermont is beneficial to our entire community.
Farmer’s Market Exposure
One of Historic Downtown Clermont’s well-established attractions is the weekly Sunday Downtown Clermont Farmer’s Market, which was established in 2008. It is one of the longest running, uninterrupted weekly Farmer’s Markets in Lake County. The Farmer’s Market was established to provide a weekly promotional vehicle to attract shoppers to Downtown Clermont –you’re your businesses. The Market brings upwards to 50,000 per year to Montrose Street, shoppers who become aware of the unique shops and businesses Downtown, and who return during the week to frequent these businesses. Additionally, the Farmer’s Market provides funds for the day-to-day operational expenses and promotions of the CDP.
(Note: Since its inception, the Market has been cancelled less that 2 times per year due to stormy weather, high winds, and lightning.)
- Fresh Produce and agricultural items are the focus of the Farmer’s Market
- Fresh baked bread and pastries are weekly features of the Market
- Cottage Industry edibles: Cookies, Cinnamom Rolls, Gluten-Free items; Soups, Dips, and much more are plentiful
- Plants, shrubs, trees, flowers and other living greeneries are available year-round
- Food prep, food storage, and food enhancements (spices, herbs, etc) are also at the Market
- Lotions, botanicals, incense, soaps, candles, organic products are featured weekly
- Seafood, fresh and frozen, is available at the Market
- Farm fresh eggs and a petting farm are highlights
- Jams, Jellies, Honey, Salsa and other items
- Food Kiosks, Food Trucks bring plenty of edibles
- Handmade Jewelry, Crafts, Art; Hand-sewn and crochet/knitting and other fabric work is available
- And so much more
To participate in the Farmer’s Market, please visit our website to review and submit application; or, call the Farmer’s Market Manager, Ron Smart (352) 247-4640.
CDP MEMBERS AND THE FARMERS MARKET
CDP members who are located in Historic Downtown Clermont within the City of Clermont approved foot-print of the market may utilize a 10×10 space with a canopy pop-up tent near their store during Farmer’s Market for marketing the products or services offered inside their business. Members outside the Farmer’s Market boundaries may purchase a space each week to market their business on the street beneath a 10×10 canopy tent. The current rate of exhibiting at Farmer’s Market is the fee that is charged. Currently, weekly vendors pay $20 per 10×10 space.
Market Year-Round Hours: 9am – 2:00pm every Sunday (Closed Easter Sunday and closed on Christmas Sunday and New Year’s Day Sunday when falling on Sunday).
- Complete application
- Pay $100 Fee (payable to: Clermont Downtown Partnership)
- Mail to: Clermont Downtown Partnership, P O Box 120734, Clermont FL 34712-0734
- The CDP Board reviews all applications
If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.