2017 marks the 11th year of the Downtown Clermont Art Festival. Archives show that an art festival has been held in Clermont since the mid-1980’s – but information is very sketchy. In the mid-2000’s, an outside organization produced an art festival in the Downtown Clermont area; however, as the Clermont Downtown Partnership became more well-established, the organization focused on rebranding the event as a Fine Art festival. In 2010, the rebranding of the Downtown Clermont Art Festival Fine Arts show officially began. Now DCAF is celebrating year eleven. The festival has grown from hosting nine Fine Artists in 2011 to 37 juried artists in 2016. Only 50 artists will be accepted and invited to attend DCAF2017. We are slowly, but surely, building a reputation as a bona fide Fine Arts festival.
DCAF2017: Champions for the Arts! The Downtown Clermont Art Festival is known as “Champions for the Arts!” and dovetails with the City of Clermont’s positioning statement/slogan “CLERMONT…CHOICE OF CHAMPIONS”, We will “Champion” the arts by inviting and hosting only “Champion” artists to compete for cash awards and ribbon recognition. We will build this festival to be the best small Fine Arts festival in Central Florida.
The members of the Clermont Downtown Partnership – the merchants and property owners in Historic Downtown Clermont – have put together an Art Festival that has become known as one of the most hospitable, artist-friendly events in Florida. We extend that hospitality to all who come to Historic Downtown Clermont – including during DCAF. Artists, sponsors, vendors, exhibitors, suppliers, donors, supoorters, volunteers, collectors, buyers – everyone who participates in any way helps makes this event successful…and we appreciate that!
WHY 50? With 50 carefully selected, well-qualified Fine Artists, DCAF visitors can spend time seeing all the art without rushing through a huge number of artists’ exhibits – and hordes of people. Fifty of the best artists – and only 50 – allow visitors to get serious in a short amount of time.
Message to Artists
We hope that you will be among the artists who participate with us in championing the arts in South Lake County – one of Florida’s fastest growing areas – in population and income.
11th Annual juried and judged Fine Arts & Fine Crafts show
November 4th & 5th, 2017
- Over $3,000 in cash awards for judged artists
- Purchase awards; special awards & recognitions
- Buyers and collectors expect to see creative “Champion” artists
- Major media partnership, social and traditional, for broad Central Florida exposure & promotion
- Local media partnerships and support to thoroughly penetrate South Lake County
- Attendance of more than 8,000 targeted
- Special “awareness” activities to increase attendance and notoriety of the event
- KidZone area with free art activities for children – “Junior Champions of the Arts”
- Sidewalk Chalk Art Contest to help build appreciation for and involvement in visual arts
- Public & private school students’ art exhibit
- Artists’ Award reception / catered dinner (Saturday evening) includes Sponsors, Partners
- Festival Food vendors and Downtown Restaurants & Shops
- Continuous Street Music and Entertainment
- Community-wide Farmer’s Market (Sunday) adjacent to DCAF